We’re looking for a Content Manager to join our team and lead our content marketing efforts. This role would suit a graduate with a degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
You’ll have the opportunity to continue your learning and development with a company that grew 40% in the last year and is looking to expand on that success.
Aside from this exciting challenge and opportunity to build your career, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary, pension and private healthcare.
The role will involve a mix of working at our offices, from home, and at customer sites.
The content manager will own the creation and direction of all content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to increase website traffic and drive engagement, qualified lead generation, customer retention, and other positive client-related outcomes.
The content manager will help define our brand story, in addition to developing consistency for our brand’s storytelling. They will also have an obsession for content performance, reporting, and analytics.
Our content manager will lead the development of our content initiatives with a publisher/journalist mindset, in all forms, to drive new business and cultivate new opportunities with our current client base through their work.
The right candidate will have the heart of a teacher, with a love of learning, writing, and communicating in all forms. They will see the value of every person on our team and put them at ease, empowering them to tell their stories to our audience.
Typical Weekly Duties for a Content Manager
- Publication of three or more new pieces of content, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts).
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts for content.
- Company email marketing efforts, including newsletters, automated workflows, and so on.
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Social media for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium content production, including ebooks, white papers, webinars, etc.
- Creating landing pages and conversion opportunities for lead generation.
- General website updates and enhancements, e.g. new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Professional development and continued education in relevant areas.
How Success Will Be Measured
The content manager will be measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects, through the consistent development and deployment of content.
Specific measurements of these criteria include:
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (i.e. conversions, submissions, purchases, etc.)
- Growth in website traffic; specifically, organic reach and other inbound traffic sources.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
A degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
The content manager role requires a combination of marketing and publishing mindsets, leading at all times with a “customer first” mentality. In essence, the content manager is the company storyteller and must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
Specific skills required include:
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- An understanding of common editorial style guides
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist is a bonus. Great at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing.
- Incredible people skills.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email James Cash at [email protected] with a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this role and attaching a copy of your c.v.