It’s important to create and maintain a safe environment where all children and young people feel safe, secure and valued and know they will be listened to and taken seriously.
In order to protect the children and young people, a safe working environment should be provided, free from health and safety risks, free from bullying and harassment and promoting best practice.
All children and young people have the right to be protected from harm, abuse or exploitation irrespective of age, disability, gender or gender re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation and as such this document supports a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
All Company Directors, managers and team members should understand the importance of working in partnership with parents/carers, schools, apprenticeship providers and other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and be alert to signs of abuse and report any concerns or suspicions immediately to a Designated Safeguarding Person.
The Designated Safeguarding Person has a responsibility to co-ordinate action with the School or College and has appropriate training.
We make a commitment to safeguard children and young people on work experience placements and apprenticeships by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them;
- Involving them in decisions which affect them;
- Providing a safe environment;
- Sharing information about concerns with the relevant school, apprenticeship provider and any other relevant agencies;
- Recruiting team members safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made;
- Ensuring all team members have read, understood and adopt the Safeguarding Policy;
- Providing effective management through induction, support and training;
- Ensuring all team members, including children and young people can raise any concerns, suspicions if they experience or suspect abuse;
- Dealing appropriately with allegations/concerns about team members by reporting them directly with the designated safeguarding person.
The designated safeguarding person is James Cash, Managing Director.